Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates
Who is the Best Criminal Defense Attorney in Largo, Florida?
The best criminal defense law firm in Largo, Florida is the firm that can answer your questions in plain English, that can help you understand the charges against you, and that can offer you a clear roadmap forward. Just like you, lawyers have different personalities and litigation styles. If you are looking for a criminal defense lawyer in Largo, Florida, it is important to find an attorney with whom you feel comfortable and with whom you feel you can work. Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates are criminal defense lawyers in Largo, Florida who pride ourselves in offering each client the compassionate legal counsel he or she needs and deserves.
Every criminal case is unique. You want to find a criminal defense law firm that can offer you personalized attention and stand beside you every step of the way. Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates are criminal defense lawyers in Largo, Florida who understand that every client needs personalized attention. The solution to your criminal case may involve a plea deal or it may involve fighting for your innocence through a trial. Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates can help you see the options before you, see the benefits and drawbacks of each, and help you make the best decision for your situation.
Find the Best Criminal Defense Law Firm in Largo, Florida
How can you find the best criminal defense law firm in Largo, Florida for your case? Before choosing a lawyer to represent you, it may be wise to interview several lawyers first. When speaking to each lawyer for the first time, ask questions! What are some questions you can ask your attorney? Here are a few:
· Does the criminal defense attorney offer a free initial consultation? In order to get to know whether your lawyer is a good match for you, it helps if the criminal defense lawyer offers a free initial consultation. Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates offer clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your charges, the circumstances of your arrest, your criminal history, your past, and whether immigration issues might play a role in your case. When selecting an attorney to represent you, consider making several appointments with different attorneys before choosing a lawyer. You want a lawyer who has handled cases similar to yours and who can show you a track record of good outcomes. During your free initial consultation with Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates, you can decide if our Largo, Florida firm is the best criminal defense law firm for your needs.
· What are your legal fees? During your initial consultation, you should discuss legal fees. Remember that if you are facing fines for criminal charges or conviction for certain crimes, sometimes legal fees might be far less than the fines and collateral financial consequences of a conviction. Our firm can review fee structure and payment plan options with you. We can also help you understand the fines and court fees you might face, if convicted.
· What kind of criminal law do you focus upon? When finding the best criminal lawyer for your needs in Largo, Florida, you want to work with a lawyer who has handled many cases similar to yours. Different criminal lawyers handle different types of cases. Criminal law is a broad field. There are lawyers who specialize in murder cases, DUIs, in vehicular manslaughter, and lawyers who specialize in white collar crime.
· What are my options? Every case is unique, but after reviewing the evidence and your arrest, your lawyer should be able to help you understand what your options might be. Your lawyer should be able to explain in plain English the legal strategies he or she will use to defend you. If you have been offered a plea deal, your lawyer should be able to explain whether the plea deal is acceptable and why. Sometimes a plea deal is a good option, especially if the state has a strong case against you. However, if you are innocent and are facing serious charges, it may be in your best interests to fight for your innocence. The Largo, Florida criminal defense lawyers at Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates may be able to help you.
· What happens if I plead “not guilty”? Your criminal defense lawyer should be able to help you understand the next steps you’ll need to take if you plead not guilty. This might include preparing for trial, gathering evidence, speaking to witnesses, and preparing you for the road ahead.
· What happens if I take the plea deal? Accepting a plea deal has consequences. Your lawyer should be able to explain the jail time you might face, the fines and fees you might face, and the collateral consequences you might experience by having a criminal record. This can include being barred from certain jobs, losing access to certain federal and state benefits, and other consequences.
· How available will your lawyer be? If you are facing criminal charges or a trial, you might have many questions. If you are facing police questioning, you need a lawyer who has the staff to be available to you when and where you need them. Ask your lawyer about his or her availability. Are there services available to you after hours? Is your lawyer available when you are?
These are just some of the questions you might want to ask when interviewing your criminal defense lawyer for the first time. Finding the best criminal defense lawyer for your needs is a process, but the Largo, Florida attorneys at Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates are here for you. Contact our firm today for a free, initial consultation during which we can review your case and help you understand the next steps.
What Should I Bring to My Free Initial Consultation with my Criminal Defense Lawyer?
When meeting with your criminal defense lawyer for the first time, it can be helpful to be prepared. Bring bail papers, any court documents or paperwork provided to you by police, copies of the police report from your arrest, and any other information you might have. Some clients might have video recordings of their interactions with police or the names of witnesses who were present during the interaction. Trevena, Pontrello, & Associates are here to help you find the best criminal defense lawyer in Largo, Florida for your needs. Our attorneys will review your case, match you with the best attorney at our firm for your case, and help you take the next steps.